marvel mystery oil and seadoo

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

tx95xp

can i put mystery oil in my gas to try and clean the fuel system and pour some in the carb while it's running to clean other things ? thanks for any advise ! i have a 95xp and a 97sp

Naw...dont work like that. Some guys try seafoam to use that way but i have experimented with it and i dont think it is nearly as good as advertised. Try it though. Might clean it up enough to run better.

You most likely need to tear down your carbs and clean and rebuild them.

Marvel oil IS good though, if you get water in the cylinders or to free up stuck pistons. Might buy you another season or two if cylinders arent too corroded or scarred.

Thanks for your input ! Think i will try some . I just got these and don't have a manual so i can clean them .. Hope it will work !

Marvels is an old-sckool method for cleaning carbon off the intake valves, and lubing the top end of a car engine after they removed led from Gasoline. Since you don't have valves... there is no need for it. Also... it's closer to ATF and it actually has less lubricating properties than regular motor oil. (it's hydraulic fluid) It could actually cause piston scaring. (it's bad for a 2-stroke)

When you buy the cleaning kits (use only Mikuni brand rebuild kits) there are pretty good instructions on how to tear them down and rebuild them. It is not very difficult, and will most likey be what you will need to do to make them work right again.

Many of us do a rebuild every winter just to keep them up an running for the riding season.

I have seen the familiar look of auto trans fluid and wondered ahy they labeled it a mystery product except the price is 30 times that of trans fluid - a mystery why someone would pay for the new label.

I have seen the familiar look of auto trans fluid and wondered ahy they labeled it a mystery product except the price is 30 times that of trans fluid - a mystery why someone would pay for the new label.

That's nothing.

Most of the "Motor Flush" products are just a quart of diesel fuel. Last time I checked, it was around $5. A gallon of off-road/marine diesel is only $2.50 (or less)

Works good too. Helps break up the sludge in an older engine. Pour it in, idle for 5 minuets, and change the oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back