oil injection bypass

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

rjquinn

ive got a 2000 seadoo gti and the oil tank has a crack on the bottom of the tank. instead of replacing the tank i would like to try and run premix through the machine instead of using the oil injection system. what do i need to do to bypass the oil injection system? or can i just put my premix into my fuel tank without doing anything?

You're gonna have to replace the oil tank. The rotary valve is gonna need an oil supply and the oil tank feeds both the rotary and injection system. I think changing the oil tank out is easier than resetting for pre mix and premix can be a pain in the azz. I don't mind premix as my wife's 787 is premix but it is more convenient to just fill the oil tank and add fuel to the gas tank.

If you want to go premix you'll still need the oil tank for the rotary. If the GTI has the 717 engine you're gonna need to remove the rotary valve cover and remove the oil pump. They have to install a block off cover plate ($10). Remove the oil pump cable from the throttle and you're done. Too much work for a pain in the butt for me. Good Luck !

Loop the RV lines and remove the oil pump and/or oil pump drive. You dont need the oil tank,

On top of the risk of starving your RV gears of oil if the seals leak, you will use way more oil and produce more smoke at wakeless speeds. I'd fix the tank. Some of these older tanks are 2 piece and leak at the joint, so I've just kept them about mid way full to avoid that.

Back