Hello all New member and love the Forum

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jokerace

Let me start by saying I have learned allot from this Forum already and have followed allot of tips from just about everyone as to why my 1997 GSX has no spark. I purchased the ski for $700 and was told that the starter was bad but come to find out the woodruff key was sheered so I replaced that and took it for a test run and realized it had bad gas so I drained the gas added premium with a little Seafoam and it was still popping through the carbs I pulled the carbs and cleaned them and reinstalled them went to fire it up and all of a sudden no spark. Now I have been through the machine with an ohm meter and everything checks out good except off the front of engine plug to the stator now as I understand it off the pickup coil there should be 1 open circuit and one closed well they are both closed. I do not have juice in the white wire off the coil. Me and a buddy think the CDI went bad but not for sure since we cannot test it because on the 97 they are built into the MPEm. Now I have checked all grounds and even added a ground from inside the rear electrical box straight to the neg on battery. Sorry so long but tried to be clear on all I have done so far. Thank you in advance for any ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back