1999 Sea-Doo GTX limited fuel delivery

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

donaldwjones

I recently purchased a 1999 Sea-Doo GTX limited. The owner said it did run last year and about two months ago when he tried starting every time he hooked it up the battery started smoking. I realized that the positive wire was completely brittle and burnt up replaced machine now turn over nicely. But it does not seem to be getting fuel. There are no beeps on the dash and about 4 gallons of gas in the tank. It says it is low on fuel if I pour gas down the cylinders, it does start but does not seem to pump its own fuel. Is there a way to troubleshoot the fuel pump or I believe it is called a baffle to see if if it is getting fuel delivery signals

I recently purchased a 1999 Sea-Doo GTX limited. The owner said it did run last year and about two months ago when he tried starting every time he hooked it up the battery started smoking. I realized that the positive wire was completely brittle and burnt up replaced machine now turn over nicely. But it does not seem to be getting fuel. There are no beeps on the dash and about 4 gallons of gas in the tank. It says it is low on fuel if I pour gas down the cylinders, it does start but does not seem to pump its own fuel. Is there a way to troubleshoot the fuel pump or I believe it is called a baffle to see if if it is getting fuel delivery signals
does your machine have grey fuel hoses?

You are sure you are getting spark? Also, do a compression test first and for most.? If it is too low the motor wont run, at least not reliably.

If you are getting spark and your compression is above say 120 each , I would check each component in the fuel system. There are several and all could go bad. Take the fuel hose off at the fuel filter, carb side, and put it in a container of gas/premix. Try to start it that way and see if the carbs are picking up fuel. If it runs , the issue is further down the line. If not, you know the carbs need rebuilding (or the line could be clogged).. So continue down the line until you find the issue.

When you take the hoses off do a good inspection to make sure hoses are still good. If you have the gray hoses, now may be the time to change them out. They are prone to failure over time.

Let us know how it goes.

Back