Guys I need your help!!! Finalizing 787 install 1997 XP

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

g_campbell

I have a rebuilt 787 that I have installed back in the hull of my 1997 xp. There are several hoses and cables that I did not remove and I am absolutely clueless as to where they belong! Please help!!
P_20160723_151252[1].jpg
P_20160723_151258[1].jpg
P_20160723_151309[1].jpg
P_20160723_151337[1].jpg
P_20160723_151342[1].jpg
P_20160723_151348[1].jpg

Attachments

• P_20160723_151614[1].jpg
    P_20160723_151614[1].jpg
    942.5 KB · Views: 24
  • P_20160723_151622[1].jpg
    P_20160723_151622[1].jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 24
I guess we can address them in numbers of pictures. They're 8 pictures so I guess the responses can be numbered based on picture. I'm sorry it's a mess. FYI i do have the repair manual and I've tried fumbling my way through it using that and I can't get anywhere

1. Starter ground

2&3. Oil line at the top of the tank goes to the bung on the not carb side of engine (rv return line) non filter hose on the bottom of the tank goes to the carb side oil bung (rv oil in)

Not totally sure on your water hoses, need to see where they start at...

1. Starter ground

2&3. Oil line at the top of the tank goes to the bung on the not carb side of engine (rv return line) non filter hose on the bottom of the tank goes to the carb side oil bung (rv oil in)

Not totally sure on your water hoses, need to see where they start at...

Thanks for the response.

1. Where does it need to ground to? I have the other end already grounded on the starter.

2&3. The larger diameter hose goes to the other side of the engine also on the larger diameter portion. That's correct?

I think I have fuel and oil figured out.

Only thing left now is the two hoses that go on the head, I don't know if it matters which port they go on. And the two exhuast cables. I don't know which ones those go to. I also need to know where the starter ground goes

That ground wire goes to either your battery or to the top starter motor mounting bolt, i read on SDF the other day of people mounting the earth to the flywheel cover, you ideally want the earth as close to the starter motor so it doesn't cause electrolysis and eat away your nice new aluminum motor

as for your black water hoses hook them up start the jetski and hold your hand on the cylinder head and also cylinder walls to see if it's heating up, u should ideally be able to hold your hand on the motor and it will only get warm

That ground wire goes to either your battery or to the top starter motor mounting bolt, i read on SDF the other day of people mounting the earth to the flywheel cover, you ideally want the earth as close to the starter motor so it doesn't cause electrolysis and eat away your nice new aluminum motor

as for your black water hoses hook them up start the jetski and hold your hand on the cylinder head and also cylinder walls to see if it's heating up, u should ideally be able to hold your hand on the motor and it will only get warm

So there are two different grounds on the starter, does it matter which ground on the starter goes to the battery? I grounded it to the stator cover and negative terminal and the positive battery cable got extremely hot!

Then negative battery cable goes from the battery directly to the front starter bolt.
If you look at the fitting on the head there is actually an arrow cast into it to show direction of flow. The one showing water coming into the head comes from the hose that goes to the pump. THe one showing water coming out of the head goes to the one on the back of the ski that has the long threaded tube for connecting a garden hose.

Then negative battery cable goes from the battery directly to the front starter bolt.
If you look at the fitting on the head there is actually an arrow cast into it to show direction of flow. The one showing water coming into the head comes from the hose that goes to the pump. THe one showing water coming out of the head goes to the one on the back of the ski that has the long threaded tube for connecting a garden hose.

That doesn't make sense... The one showing water coming out goes to the port where I put water in?

That is because when it is on the hose it is actually flowing backwards to backflush the system. It also doesn't cool correctly on the hose.
The arrows are indicating proper flow from the pump.

That is because when it is on the hose it is actually flowing backwards to backflush the system. It also doesn't cool correctly on the hose.
The arrows are indicating proper flow from the pump.

Ah gotcha! Well then they're probably wrong lol. I will correct those as well.

So there are two different grounds on the starter, does it matter which ground on the starter goes to the battery? I grounded it to the stator cover and negative terminal and the positive battery cable got extremely hot!

Your earth will have two ends to the cable, one end bolts to the battery and the other end bolts to the stater motor mounting bolt do not confuse the mounting bolt with the positive brush bolt on the end of the starter motor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back