1994 Seadoo XP oil pouring from fitting under exhaust

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
I have been struggling with this ski for a while and recently decided to get back to her. Currently, both oil lines from the oil tank go to the oil pump I think, filtered line to the side of it, unfiltered line to the bottom. I can get some pictures for yall to help here soon. But here's my problem, I just finished doing my best to put on the cooling lines and i think I got that down, save for the second smaller line on the aft of the head. When I put oil in the tank it pours out of the fitting under the exhaust on the block, I can't find anything in the manual or the forums really about it other than for the 787 it's an oil return 🤔, but then if I use it as an oil return I'm not sure what attaches to the oil pump besides the inlet hose on the bottom.. does anyone have a fuel/oil routing diagram for the big hoses? or some pictures of how they're supposed to go? Please let me know!

I’d install a clamp if I were you, also take it off and clean it so you get a good seal. Also replace those fuel lines ASAP!

I would also change all those old oil lines as well. They look original and are probably hard and likely cracked.

The oil fitting under the exhaust is the return line for the rotary valve, your third picture. So without the oil line on this fitting oil will pour out when you add oil. There should be a line that goes to the top of the oil tank from here.

I would also change all those old oil lines as well. They look original and are probably hard and likely cracked.

The oil fitting under the exhaust is the return line for the rotary valve, your third picture. So without the oil line on this fitting oil will pour out when you add oil. There should be a line that goes to the top of the oil tank from here.
Are there still 2 lines from the tank to the oil pump area?

Yes, the smaller line with the oil filter connects to the oil pump and the larger line connects at the lowest point on your engine under the oil pump.

Yes, the smaller line with the oil filter connects to the oil pump and the larger line connects at the lowest point on your engine under the oil pump. And then there's the third line that goes to the other side?

Yes, the one on the back attaches to the top of the oil tank.

The 2 big ones are for the rotary valve and the smaller one for the oil pump.

Yes, the smaller line with the oil filter connects to the oil pump and the larger line connects at the lowest point on your engine under the oil pump. And then there's the third line that goes to the other side?

You also need to run the correct API-TC oil and get rid of the gray Tempo fuel lines.

Back