91 spi help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

jrac

I'm pretty sure this has been asked a millions times... yes I am a nubie at the water world.. i more into land riding ,,,thought heck lets play with a jet ski.. well i did not realize that you had to be a fabricator a machinist a marine biologist to work on one ,,picked up a 91 spi guy i got it off of gave me the blah blah why there was oil residue. come to find out the oil return lines under the carb were missing had a rear hull full of oil..when i got home... i replaced the 2 under the carb.. thought ok good to go.. next day it filled right back up.. there is no oil in the tank and the main lines to the tank are not hooked up to the tank..i damned off the front of the hull and somewhat certain it is coming from the port side motor area. iv herd there is a line that is exhaust side but i cannot locate it or find any info or pics of where it is located.. does anyone know of its location if there is one... any help would help... my next thought is a crack somewhere

It's under the exhaust. You can see the fitting on this picture. It goes from here to the top of the oil tank. It's a large 12mm hose that goes here. This ensure the rotary valve is constantly submerged in oil. 1692358408173.png

did a smoke test through the intake and found smoke coming out of the pto shaft and underneath the crank case itself... its toasted and ready for the parts for sale list...

Back