1994 XP Pouring water from inside hull where shaft comes through

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
I have a 1994 Seadoo XP that I think I've almost got water worthy! After replacing lines, routing lines, and getting all that figured out, I slid the boot on the output shaft up against the flywheel, filled it with grease and set for the water. Upon getting on the water, it is pouring into the hull from the gap around the impeller shaft. I've read this year ski doesn't have carbon seals, so I was wondering what is to keep water from the hull? I've been looking about and possibly a rubber boot could help, tho when I slid the bearings and boot from the shaft up to the flywheel the leak got worse, tho it was already leaking before just that time with more space. Help?

Yes this is exactly what's on it just the bearing where you inject lube is against the hull with the rubber boot facing the flywheel

Last edited:
Thats backwards in photo, Hull area <- clamp on hose on it then clamp on bearing. Bearing towards PTO/Engine

Back