RESTO I have two issues getting my 1997 GTI build completed

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

drnickv

I am rebuilding a 1997 GTI. Engine was rebuilt at Seadoo engines in Wisconsin. I have replaced all oil and fuel lines, petcock and filters. I have two issues

1) Looks like whoever removed the rotary cover used a chisel and sealing surface does not look perfect on the top edge. What is the best way to go to get a new one. I see SBT sells new ones or exchanges them but I have been told they are not great for engine parts. What is best way to fix this?

2) there is two vent lines that come out of the right front side of the ski. one goes to the T fitting and then to the vent side of the tank. The other one is a very thin. clear, 6mm clear line that runs back to the rear of the ski but I have no idea where it goes. Pretty sure I have figured most other bugs out.

thanks in advance.

The SBT is your only option unless you know a good machinist.
Could the small hose be the battery vent?

Can you post pictures. The 6mm clear line could be the battery vent, most people no longer use it.

T fitting is fuel vent. The one that goes out the side of the hull is vent OUT .The hose is pushed on a one way check, the one-way check is pushed in a grommet. Vent IN should be on the other side of the T up high…and another check valve

Back