Florida Classifieds

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
now that I think about it, I actually :puke: at little, you mean you touched a ...........yamaha?

i actually hardly knew anything about jet skiis before i got this one, and I still kinda don't but honestly the only reason i got a sea doo was because in my opinion, in the mid 90's, my affordable price range, they are the only ones that don't look ugly, i really like the word sea doo written on the bottom half of the hull, and now i'm really brand loyal, i only search for sea doos.

one of my fav things to read are about the title

http://sarasota.craigslist.org/boa/3151483629.html

*****WE DO NOT HAVE THE TITLES 4 THE JET SKIIS******
HOWEVER I HAVE BEEN TOLD ITS NOT HARD TO GET THE TITLES FROM THE DMV WE JUST NEVER CARED TO DO IT. THE SKIIS ARE IN OUR NAME...

i think duplicates are easy to get, but one time, i read a guy selling a boat that said no title, because he does not have time to go to dmv to get it

do any of u guys know if it's possible to get a title for a jet ski you bought without one? whenever i see one with no title, i just cross it out immediately, even if it's running

one of my fav things to read are about the title

http://sarasota.craigslist.org/boa/3151483629.html

*****WE DO NOT HAVE THE TITLES 4 THE JET SKIIS******
HOWEVER I HAVE BEEN TOLD ITS NOT HARD TO GET THE TITLES FROM THE DMV WE JUST NEVER CARED TO DO IT. THE SKIIS ARE IN OUR NAME...

i think duplicates are easy to get, but one time, i read a guy selling a boat that said no title, because he does not have time to go to dmv to get it

do any of u guys know if it's possible to get a title for a jet ski you bought without one? whenever i see one with no title, i just cross it out immediately, even if it's running

its EASY to get a duplicate if you have the original owner, i sold a ski about a year ago and the guy called me a month later and said he lost the title, hadn't transferred it to his name yet, so I met him at the tax collector's office, signed an affidavit, he paid like a $10 fee, and voila', took me like a half hour.

its EASY to get a duplicate if you have the original owner, i sold a ski about a year ago and the guy called me a month later and said he lost the title, hadn't transferred it to his name yet, so I met him at the tax collector's office, signed an affidavit, he paid like a $10 fee, and voila', took me like a half hour.

Pretty much.
http://www.flhsmv.gov/dmv/transfer.html
Was looking on having to do it but then seller was title in my moms name :rolleyes: but registration is under mine?

how about if you are not the owner, and neither is the person who sold it to you? i know the dmv won't help you at all, and i've seen ads for places that can get you a title for $300 and i think it takes 4-8 months, but how does that stuff work. I only want a ski that is legit, so are all no title skiis out of the question for me?

[h=2]1998 Seadoo GSX Limited 951cc High Output - $1000 (Saint Augustine)[/h]
Date: 2012-07-22, 10:31AM EDT
Reply to: 4jgpf-3155456891@sale.craigslist.org [SUP][Errors when replying to ads?][/SUP]

This ski is in great condition, but needs a new top end the rear cylinder has no compression the front is 125psi. A complete new top end is $300, and its very easy to do on this ski. I am selling this firm at $1000 for a few days if it does not sell I will rebuild it and raise the price to $2000. Comes with trailer, and clear title. As you can see in the pics its in great condition. Call or Text 904-377-5945

5Ia5G15H93n83Ke3o1c7me8e9f3a987ef1fed.jpg

This one sounded good but one with one title and GTS has smaller 657

95 Seadoo GTS plus a 96 GTI hull only - $300 (Clermont)

Date: 2012-07-08, 9:46PM EDT
Reply to: nfjcr-3069945840@sale.craigslist.org [SUP][Errors when replying to ads?][/SUP]
I have a 1996 Seadoo GTI hull with minimal parts left and I have a 1995 Seadoo GTS with title but is basically a parts ski. The ski has a good hood, front storage bin, drive shaft, motor needs rebuild but is complete, some parts have been removed but could be easily put back together. Steering and reverse cables are gone. This ski easily has 1500 plus worth of parts on it. The pump is removed but I should have all of it to go with the ski. You get both skis for what the motor cases cost on one.

These skis are soild as a pair for $300, they are sold as a pair and will not seperate and there is no trailer. Buy one and take them both, I want them gone. Bring your trailer and I will help you load.

if interested call me at 407-509-4820

I would be all over this one.

SeaDoo jetski body - no motor - $25 (Melrose area)

Date: 2012-06-26, 11:25AM EDT
Reply to: xcgcw-3102151485@sale.craigslist.org [SUP][Errors when replying to ads?][/SUP]
Have an older Jetski body (no motor). If you have any use for it...come and get it. $25 obo email or call 352-475-3236

5Ge5H35J73G43Kc3N4c6q6fca799e49b41281.jpg

Yeah right :rolleyes:

SEADOO

RAN GREAT A YEAR AGO
HASN'T BEEN STARTED SINCE
$300
FOR MORE INFO PLEASE CALL 727-688-2200

5Ne5K15H23Gc3I13J9c7g59816de866af1941.jpg

am i pathetic if i already saw all of the 4 that you guys posted? :(

but the gsx seems pretty decent

how about if you are not the owner, and neither is the person who sold it to you? i know the dmv won't help you at all, and i've seen ads for places that can get you a title for $300 and i think it takes 4-8 months, but how does that stuff work. I only want a ski that is legit, so are all no title skiis out of the question for me?

yes and no, i've talked to guys that were willing to jump thru all the hoops, track down the owner thru dmv, send a letter, hope for a response, yada yada, IMO a no title ski = big discount, and part it out, or big discount and some people might play games with the vin tags but i'd just price it way down and strip all usable parts (but for the 'right' ski) i'd probably at least wait 30 days while I try to track down the owner of record, hope he/she would be happy to get it out of their name, etc, if not , the toolbox comes out

yea that's what i kinda figured, i've called the dmv before for a boat, and maybe it was just the person i spoke to, but they absolutely would not lift a finger, they said it you'd have to call the police if you want to try to find the owner, wasn't worth the trouble to me.

maybe its just me. but those things look like they have been maintained horribly. look how they "beached" (more like mudded) those things to take a picture. YIKES

ok, that's pretty much the worse complete ski, i've seen, the best part is, it's not even a 97!!!

that's kinda crazy, i know kansas doesn't title pwc either, but what if you sell it out of state, honestly i've never tried to register a pwc with a bill of sale here, but i know for cars, bill of sales do not mean ANYTHING

because from my understanding titles give you ownership, anybody can steal something and write a bill of sale for it, as long as the cops don't catch up to you, i'm not trying to argue at all with you, i just don't see how it flows smoothly

that's kinda crazy, i know kansas doesn't title pwc either, but what if you sell it out of state, honestly i've never tried to register a pwc with a bill of sale here, but i know for cars, bill of sales do not mean ANYTHING

because from my understanding titles give you ownership, anybody can steal something and write a bill of sale for it, as long as the cops don't catch up to you, i'm not trying to argue at all with you, i just don't see how it flows smoothly

bottom line, title must match vinplate, if it does, your good. generally speaking it doesn't matter what amount of fiberglass goes in between those two dotted lines, as long as those two match. this applies to title states, no idea how a non title transfers to a title state.

if a legal owner doesn't have title in hand... with an hours time and effort, they can get a duplicate, w/o title in hand for all legal purposes your only buying a parts machine, which isn't a bad thing, since the sum of parts is generally worth more than the whole, just more work involved. however, nothing wrong with jumping thru a few hoops to come up with a plan B, if it becomes available and the ski is nearly complete, etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back