Florida Classifieds

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
just curious if anybody actually cares to see these, honestly, I wouldn't be offended if anybody says, no we don't care stop bumping it to the top, I'm just sort of obsessed with CL, and always like to see if there are any good deals, so lemme know, no matter what, no offense taken

I'm loving your work but I just can't reach them. If you were featuring those deals in the panhandle I'd be showing you the "just drug it home" pic at the end of each day.

I'm a craiglist surfer too. I enjoy seeing machines from other parts, plus I don't have to do the work!

cool, i'll keep posting whenever I see something worthy, or at least interesting to look at, i actually didn't realize niceville was in the panhandle, I grew up in gainesville and used to play against a team in niceville, always thought it was closer than that

here's one i would actually consider owning

1995 xp $1100 OBO of course, he's had it up for a while, i'd offer like 900 or 1000, he says one owner, title would verify of course, and i've seen pics, it looks brand new, at least through my phone it did

http://ocala.craigslist.org/bod/3078366826.html

yes, keep posting,,, and its nice if they just stay here vs being randomly posted :)

the gts's actually seem like a great deal,

the gts's look pretty solid, i would buy it if 1. the trailer wasn't rusted 2. I was in tampa :(

Attachments

• image-1.jpeg
    image-1.jpeg
    453 KB · Views: 20
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    478.5 KB · Views: 17
this is not seadoo related, but if anybody in FL sees or knows of a good 16-18 foot bowrider, for less than $2000 will you let me know, kinda looking for a boat, preferably a sea ray, just cause i like the name, but not opposed to four winns, wellcraft, bayliner (heard they made crap in the late 80's and early 90's which is prob the years i'm looking at.

http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/boa/3146280459.html

this looks super appealing, but it's almost too good to be true, plus they won't answer my emails

On a related note on CL ads...I check twice daily in my close areas and am constantly amazed at the lack of effort
put out by sellers. By that I mean many don't even take the time to either wash them, dig them out of the overgrown
bushes or even put photos on the ad. Little description (For Sale SEADOO.....) and the kicker - needs a battery....

Vent over....:cheers:

haha, yea, the best is when they need battery and starter, that way you'll never know if the engine is blown, but honestly, I don't mind the lack of care that much, cause sometimes it means they just want it gone, sell it for cheap, and we take it home, wash and wax, looks like new. The worse is when they don't respond, or want top dollar for their crap. but craigslist is fun to look at, there can be some mighty good deals

You guys have it made down there... In my neck of the woods, people want $9-1200 just for a double trailer.... Never do they have a pair of SeaDoos on them for that kind of money....

that's insane, i'll see in tons of ads, only asking 1200 or 1500, the trailer alone cost me 900, and i'm thinking wtf? you can find double trailers all day for 350, but yea i know new and used trailers are another story

Oh yeah Im talking 10 year old rusty crap... huge $$ up here. I should come down there and buy a truckload of them and bring them home, and flip em for a tidy profit.

Oh yeah Im talking 10 year old rusty crap... huge $$ up here. I should come down there and buy a truckload of them and bring them home, and flip em for a tidy profit.

u should, lemme know when you're coming, I'll scavenge florida with ya

it really is true, i've actually considered myself shipping or trailering my ski's up to chicago 3-4 at a time for the same reason, and I have family that can do the deals for me, all set up, they already do motorcycle salvage, the biggest thing really is volume, you could make a ton by collecting a bunch of trailers/ski's and taking them out of florida to more expensive parts, but you can't justify the transport expense unless your taking multiple ski's/trailers, etc and i'm talking like 9-10.

In the end on paper it works, but in reality, its a lot of work (and probably about 4K) to get enough stuff from point A to B to justify the effort... and you need a contact at either A or B to make it work, and even then its tuff, if I can make an extra 500 on a sale but It costs me 250 to transport and pay somebody for their effort on one side or the other, then I need to do a LOT of volume to actually justify the effort, if not , its just easier to make a couple hundred less and keep things local.

if I found a way to send 5 trailers north my profit wouldn't start showing until trailer #4, and #5 is all gravy, but that can take 6 months.

But yes, in theory, somebody that was persistent in FL could probably collect 5 decent double trailers with an average purchase price of around $350-400 (and they'd sell for $900 in WA?)

i recently sold one for $325 and i know where I could get one tomorrow for $400. singles run from 150-200 max pretty frequently.

Last edited by a moderator:
spimothy, how many skiis do you typically flip in however long? cause if i don't end up getting a boat, i'm looking for a red gtx and either a 97-2000 gsx/gs/gsi or 96-98 xp.

Im on Craigslist almost every day, and yeah, stuff up here is ridiculous. Probably because the summer is fairly short, so there's not nearly the amount of ski's and trailers floating around. Old school SeaDoos like '90 Sp and '92 SPi still bring $7-1000 pretty easy if they are in any sort of shape.

Guys will post a couple of mid 90's crap on a trailer and ask $4000, and get it.. I cant complain too much, Ive scored a couple lately that will return me a decent profit once I get the engines back in them.

spimothy, how many skiis do you typically flip in however long? cause if i don't end up getting a boat, i'm looking for a red gtx and either a 97-2000 gsx/gs/gsi or 96-98 xp.

i did like 8 to 10 last year, this year only 3 so far and a boat... i've been lazy this year and haven't quite had the luck that I had in 2011,i had some crazy good score's last year.

just sold a 98 GTX,
and I have a 97 XP in the garage right now i'm wet sanding the hull and my partner is building the engine.

oh nice, sounds like you make those skiis look perfect if you're sanding the hull

things sell fast when they are shiney :)

i like it when somebody goes and looks at 3 ski's before they see mine in the garage, I hear that all the time, "man, the last two ski's I looked at this morning were dirty, beat up, and smelled bad, this thing is really clean !"

things sell fast when they are shiney :)

i like it when somebody goes and looks at 3 ski's before they see mine in the garage, I hear that all the time, "man, the last two ski's I looked at this morning were dirty, beat up, and smelled bad, this thing is really clean !"

So true.
Takes a little extra time but usually pays off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back