Choke and Throttle Cables

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

TomLC

Ok, I'm also suffering from the old grey fuel lines. Thus far, I have changed out the fuel line, cleaned out the fuel selector valve, removed the old gas and cleaned out the tank, etc. This was enough to build up my confidence, so now I am going to go for the Carbs.

I have a 1996 GSX Seadoo. It runs with dual carbs. I have the rebuild kits coming and have found a lot of useful information on rebuilding them once they are out of the ski, but the trick for me at this point is removing them.

My problem is how do I remove the choke and throttle cables? I have loosened the choke cable, but I don't see a way to remove the connection between the dual carbs. I can also see where the throttle cable connects, but don't see how to remove this connection either. Is there a trick? Do I pull the carbs first and then work with the cables? I feel like the newbie mechanic that I am, because every thread I have read simply says remove them, but HOW?

I took a few pictures and have attached them to the thread, so you can see what I'm talking about.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• carbsWcables.JPG
    carbsWcables.JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 38
in the top pic.... loosen the nuts by the black cable so the one nut falls onto the actual cable. see the gold things holding the bar? there are allen screws under each. loosen them. then the rod slides out

i took bolts off first then worked with cables

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back