1994 seadoo xp dies at full/ 3/4 throttle

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Owenl

My 1994 seadoo xp will start up and idle all day and run good half throttle it under but when I give it 3/4 throttle or more after a few seconds it Boggs down and sometimes I can keep it running if I give it the slightest bit of throttle while it dies but not always. It has good gas fuel lines are the black ones. It ran great until the the jet pump bearings went bad and disintegrated so I replaced them and took it out a few months ago and that’s when it started having the issue. Does anyone have any idea? The mechanic said the carbs looked good so I am stumped. I also don’t get how it would run great then rebuild the jet pump and now it won’t go over 3/4 throttle without dying

does the prop spin freely,,,maybe you jammed the thrust washer,,,go thru the carbs with a fine toothed comb…you cannot tell what carbs look like by “looking at them.”,,your issues sound fuel starvation relate.

So, having just gone through a similar issue, I'd ask if:
1. All your carb passages are clean and spraying as they should.
2. Your carb filters are clean
3. Your filter/water separator is clean
4. The high speed screws are set correctly

The test I've been using is that when it stalls, smoothly but fairly quickly pull on the choke a bit and see what happens. If it picks back up, you're too lean, and if it gets worse, you're too rich.

Back