Buying question 2007 seadoo RXT

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthewmckinney85

Hello all,
I am looking to buy a 2007 seadoo RXT from somebody. It runs well and appears to be problem free with one exception. The problem is water in the gauge cluster. I have seen on previous forum posts that this may be a common problem with the model. My question is, should this prevent me from buying the ski? Is there anything else more problematic that could be occurring because of the water in the gauge cluster? Lastly is there way to confirm the hours on the ski without the instrument cluster?
thanks, Matt

A dealer could hook it up to BUDS to check hours. Clusters are quite expensive, so figure that into the price.

A dealer could hook it up to BUDS to check hours. Clusters are quite expensive, so figure that into the price.
Thanks for answering I have found refurbished ones for around 250$ and new ones for 500-600$. Any chance there could be a bigger problem from the water in that unit though or is the gauge cluster being out likely the only issues caused by the water? Thanks for the help!

Water will kill the cluster. Not sure about your model if it will run with a completely failed cluster. I would assume so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back