Blown up 2018 rxt-x 300 - what would you pay?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

rotaxrule1

Hi folks,

im thinking of buying a 2018 Seadoo rxt-x 300 that has a rod knock. it was a trade in to a local dealer, rumor has it that it was sunk and ingested water while running. It starts but knocks pretty bad. Overall condition is fair but not awesome.

I’m currently on my 4th 2 stroke now (2002 Rx-di, sold my Xp, gsx and gtx) and bought that rx as a project and got it running pretty well and I’m wondering about selling my rx and getting this one so I can learn the 4 tec a little better and enjoy some 300hp madness.

they want 5k and from what I can tell it has a bad gauge cluster and a bad motor. I’d plan on going through the pump and all that as well if I got it. I’d just get a SBT motor. I feel like 5k is a little steep, I, trying to talk them down but it does still book for 10k on the low side, so I still have some wiggle room to be into it for under that if I do my own work.

what are your thoughts? Worth trying?

The 2018 rxt 300 had hull cracking issues. The whole thing could be junk. Would be nice to know why it sunk.
Good call. I didn't see any signs of stress on the hull, but if you have any details on what part of the hull the cracks typically happen, I can look. I am on the fence with this one, I will definitely make them let me take it out and at least let it float in the water on the ramp so I can check for any obvious issues.

They didn't have any details as to why it sunk, unfortunately. I do think it's had a hard life. Has potential but needs TLC.

I've been doing some research on everything I might need to rebuild or replace in a worst case scenario. Originally, I thought the supercharger was like the one on my 2010 challenger 210se where I could have pwcmuscle rebuild them for like $600, but I guess these are not servicable and just need to be replaced if they break? Anything else model specific to the 300 I would need to consider?

Good call. I didn't see any signs of stress on the hull, but if you have any details on what part of the hull the cracks typically happen, I can look. I am on the fence with this one, I will definitely make them let me take it out and at least let it float in the water on the ramp so I can check for any obvious issues.

They didn't have any details as to why it sunk, unfortunately. I do think it's had a hard life. Has potential but needs TLC.
Apparently right side in the back corner, and seen from the insideWhatsApp Image 2019-03-20 at 10.42.12.jpg

Thanks for the info. Yeah between all that, I’m thinking I’ll pass it up and keep working on my RX DI for now. Appreciate the imfo.

Back