Bad wear ring?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

crystapaul

pulled off the pump nozzle and saw this is it the wear ring or the impeller housing? happened to both of my skis. thanks in advance.

Attachments

• jet.jpg
    jet.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 62
The picture is too small and blurry... but if that's black rubber pealing off the ring... then yes... it's bad.

To me it looks like the back end of the jet pump and not the wear ring. Doesn't it look like the black is going towards the center?
Can the wear ring peel?
I thought it was one solid piece.

later that day.....at 6:32pm
I stand corrected
OK, I saw a close up of the pump. I see that the ring butts up against it. What would cause it to "peel back" as if you shaved it.
Impeller blade, Glass, rock???

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the response. i just think that they have been bad for awhile. i have never run them aground with the engines running, plus as a precautionary measure i have always made sure to rock them back and fourth after leaving a beach to shake out any sand or rocks. i have the impeller housings off now and it appears that it is just the wear rings but i have to find a way to get the impellers out to know for sure.

Got them put back together and boy, they are fast, like new skis! There was a little damage to the intake right behind the wear ring but not bad. I had to take the pumps into seadoo because the impeller removal tool was almost 100 dollars, i would rather pay the mechanic than send my money to china for the tool.

I ordered one off ebay and it wasnt the right one, didnt want to risk wasting my money again, seadoo dealer offered me his at that price, mabye it was his sale tatic as he made me belive that the only way to get the right tool was to sell me the one he had. lol...

What year is your 3D? Dont they have the 787 DI engine? There are 3 different impeller tools. All 2 strokes use the same tool. Then there are 2 different 4 stroke tools.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back