159mm wear ring won't fit into pump

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

RLLS

I purchased three Wear Rings part number 267000372 for my 2013 and 2014 rxp-x 260 pumps and my spare pump out of a 2013 GTR 215 with part number Impeller Housing 267000540 new number 271002018.

I have changed wear rings before using the freezer method and had no issues removing and installing new rings.

I am having hole shot cavitation issues with one ski, so I decided to try an OEM wear ring, just to make sure. Freezer method work fine for removal of old ring, but the new ring will not start into the pump housing and it is visibly bigger (OD) than the old one (aftermarket). Not much maybe 1mm.

My question is are the OEM wear rings harder to install than the aftermarket and at what point do I worry about breaking the new wear ring trying to install it. Or is there a special method for the OEM wear rings?

Thanks,

If you don’t have a measuring devise large enough to measure and compare the two diameters try measuring the circumference. Divide the difference by pi (3.14) and you’ll have some indication as to the diameter difference.

Do you have another freezer to try? Sometimes the actual temperature isn’t as cold as one thinks. The bigger the temperature delta between ring and pump the better your chances. Perhaps warm the pump slightly. (Even hot sun will help).

I had beveled the outside starting edge in an effort to help it begin, no luck. I did try both sides first.

I heated the pump housing with a propane torch and still the beveled edge would not start, but I flipped it and with a few excessive strikes from the dead blow hammer the other side started.

Are the OEM wear rings conical shaped?

either way, these new wear rings are harder to install than the three different aftermarket ones I have done so far.

Thanks for the nudge in the right direction 200mph.

Back