Anything I should have checked prior to use after long storage??

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

fearthisinc

I was just wondering if there is anything I should have checked/changed once the boat comes out of storage.. I know its sstill early but just curious.. Figure the boat will have sat for about 7 months.. I was thinking of letting the dealer do a pre-season check over but just wondering if there is anything specific I should have checked.. Also its been stored in a climate controlled garage so it hasnt been in the elements or anything like that..

Charge the battery, check all the fluids and go have some fun. I usually put new plugs in, and thats about it. I will be changing the injection oil filters. I change the pump cone oil when I winterize.

What is the proper way to charge the battey after sitting for 18 months? I have a battery charger with a 2 amp 12v setting. or 6 amp 12v. And how long should it take?

You really should get a battery maintainer type charge. One that will sense the voltage is low and then charge the battery.

After 18 months your battery may be garbage anyway. Take it out of the boat and charge it. I would set it on 6amp and let it charge good for at least 12 hours then switch to 2amp. Dont be surprised if you need a new battery though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back