96 XP - Just changed the jet pump oil...

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mzman

So I just changed my jet pump oil in my 96 XP before heading out to the lake. Sadly afterwards I realized I grabbed a non-synthetic blend of marine gear lube. :banghead:

How important is the synthetic oil as opposed to standard dino based gear oil? It is the correct weight.

So what kind of risk am I looking at here? Am I safe running it for a couple of hours, instead of an entire season like synthetic? Or should I not go out on the lake today and replace it again with some mobile 1 syn?

Thanks for the help.

I think you are O.K. for a day, hell I know a guy that runs atf, swears by it, and hasn't had any problems, not that I would recommend atf. I would definitely replace it when you get home.

Lou

Thank you for the advice Lou, I agree with you I'm sure it would be fine. But it started raining on my way to the lake yesterday so I took it back home and swapped out to the correct syn oil. Which works for me because I'm OCD when it comes to my cars and boats so the thought of it would of driven me nuts till I swapped it out...

You are fine. BUT... since you only have 3oz of oil back there... I don't think it will take the heat, and abuse for long. But... I would think that you could safely get a few trips out if it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back