94 SPX with "New" SBT 657 Still Terrible Sluggish - Fuel Delivery Issue?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

randomguy

Hey everyone:

At the advice of some folks around here, I've now run about 12 gallons of 50:1 premix through my "new" SBT engine along with the oil injection pump. Last night, I drained the remainder of the premix from the tank. I then added 5 gallons of new gas from a different station. (Lots of locals have said their cars aren't running well from the neighborhood gas station lately and the station has been running out of gas often as of late.......)

So I put my fresh gas in, ran for about 20 minutes to make sure all the old stuff was out, then I put a new set of plugs in. It was sitting in the water when I did it and it took about 10 minutes by the time I got everything together and started again. Right away, it took off like hell for a few seconds, then really bogged down to maybe 30% power.

This is pretty much the same thing it did when I started it. This is leading me to believe that I may have a fuel delivery issue..... I also started thinking that it usually comes out of a turn terribly slow now as well.

Where should I start? Fuel filter? Carb issues? I don't know anything about carbs, so I'm a little nervous about that. Other suggestions?

Thanks again for all the help you guys offer!

Yes I still have gray fuel lines. I thought about doing that while I was in there, but I had so many other problems I just didn't want to bother.

Since I know next to nothing about carbs, what will the stealership charge me for a rebuild? Ball park?

Thanks guys!

Yes I still have gray fuel lines. I thought about doing that while I was in there, but I had so many other problems I just didn't want to bother.

Since I know next to nothing about carbs, what will the stealership charge me for a rebuild? Ball park?

Thanks guys!

Contact Dr. Honda on this forum and let him rebuild them for you. He won't rip you off and they will be done right. It will cost you around 65.00 labor, plus parts, plus shipping. Well worth the price.

Yup he did mine.

I wouldn't drive it until you have those things done. You will run it lean and burn your new engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back