657x Won't Turn Over

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyk345

So I have a 95 Sea-doo Speedster. Currently one engine is in pieces and doesn't work because of a bad crank. The other engine just will not turn over. I had the starter rebuilt and when I directly connect a battery to the starter it will not turn completely over. It will just sit there and turn about a 1/4 turn then stop completely. I can though turn it over by hand and if I remove the plugs the starter spins it over no problem. I am unsure what to do at this point as I am quite new to marine motors.
Thanks in advanced,
Tony

So I have a 95 Sea-doo Speedster. Currently one engine is in pieces and doesn't work because of a bad crank. The other engine just will not turn over. I had the starter rebuilt and when I directly connect a battery to the starter it will not turn completely over. It will just sit there and turn about a 1/4 turn then stop completely. I can though turn it over by hand and if I remove the plugs the starter spins it over no problem. I am unsure what to do at this point as I am quite new to marine motors.
Thanks in advanced,
Tony

How does it turn over with your hand?

if you had the starter rebuilt, and it's not spinning... take it back to the shop.
Well the starter actually spins and turns the engine over without spark plugs. And from past experience the place is very reliable. So it has left me clueless. The only thing I can think of is do I need the two batterys connected or is just one sufficient.

One is fine, if it's in good shape.

Put a meter on the battery, and then crank. If the voltage is dropping under 11v... then the battery is getting weak.

I got it running. The cable that was being used for the grounding wire was broken behind the second engine. It appeared to have been partiality cut at on point, no idea how that happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back