Spinning noise from starter

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Dougbadboat

My 1995 Speedster starter is giving me troubles. I replaced the starter and it worked fine for about a month, then it just makes a click and spinning noise, I put screw driver across terminals on solenoid and still got the same noise, charged battery, still same noise, any idea what it could be ?
Also i am able to turn over engine by hand spinning flywheel

My 1995 Speedster starter is giving me troubles. I replaced the starter and it worked fine for about a month, then it just makes a click and spinning noise, I put screw driver across terminals on solenoid and still got the same noise, charged battery, still same noise, any idea what it could be ?
Also i am able to turn over engine by hand spinning flywheel

Could it be the solenoid is not allowing enough power to get to the starter? I had an issue like this a few years back and that solenoid had burned plates inside which cause an issue that sounds very similar to yours. I replaced it, easy fix and it was located in the electric box, and I've never had that issue since.

That gear on the starter won't pop fully out to engage with the flywheel unless the starter is able to draw the appropriate power.

Could it be the solenoid is not allowing enough power to get to the starter? I had an issue like this a few years back and that solenoid had burned plates inside which cause an issue that sounds very similar to yours. I replaced it, easy fix and it was located in the electric box, and I've never had that issue since.

That gear on the starter won't pop fully out to engage with the flywheel unless the starter is able to draw the appropriate power.
Ok
Thanks
I replaced solenoid and took batteries out and charging them, fingers crossed it works

Back