2011 GTI Limited Recalls

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

cbsmith

I picked up a 2011 GTI Limited 155 this weekend with only 54 hours on it and in mint condition and runs great.

I just found out that there has been a couple of recall issues for this ski, the front cover cracking and also for a faulty timing chain. I looked at the PDF for the timing chain and my serial number falls into the range of issues.

Is there any way I can tell if the timing chain has been replaced? Or does anyone know if it wasn't if Sea Doo will cover the repair for free still? I guess I will be heading to the dealer tomorrow to find out but figured I would ask here first. I'm hoping that it was either done already or could still be done or free.

Thanks

I have a 2011 GTI LTD 155, as well. I know mine was replaced because the PO included the dealer worksheet. Hopefully, your dealer will be able to tell you.

You will enjoy this ski immensely. I bought mine 2 seasons ago (this will be the 3rd), with 80 hours. I put 120hrs on it in the last 2 yrs, just had the 200 hr inspection and everything is perfect. Make sure you use good oil (I use Amsoil only) and good plugs.

Good luck on a very fine machine.

I'm hopeful it has been done. It was dealer serviced every fall since 2011. I will be going to the dealer where it was purchased and serviced tomorrow morning. I bought it privately on Saturday and didn't know there was a timing chain issue.

I think it will be a good ski. I had a 2007 Wake 215 and 2010 GTX 155 and sold,the, to get a boat and was looking for something to play on again.

The GTI hull is very different than the GTX that you had. It is flatter, so the GTI "slides" more where the GTX will "carve".

I replaced the handlebar grips with the new design that has the flange and it makes a huge difference. There is a thread on here somewhere about it.

Contact any dealer and provide your HIN. They will know if it has been done as it will be documented if so.

The dealer confirmed both the timing chain and the front cover was fixed under the recall.

I will take a look at the new handgrips, they look like they would be comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back