2011 gti se C0073

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

srestum

Premium Member
Premium Member
Hi All, new member here but I've been relying on all the good advise on here for a while. Unfortunately I have a problem that I can't find an answer for.
Long story short(ish), my kid capsized our 11 gti se which got the screen wet. A new screen worked but the key wouldn't turn off. A new key post didn't fix it and I ended up having to get a new ecu. No codes before the ecu and now I get code C0073 with a solid engine icon. The ecu software was updated and everything runs fine, including the ibr overdrive, but the reverse and neutral won't work. It has a brand new battery with tight connections. It feels a bit slower than before but it's taken almost a year to get to this point so I'm not sure I remember how it ran before. I'm losing faith and can't see how buying a new ibr is the answer if the overdrive works. Any help would be hugely appreciated. I'm pulling my hair out!

It's not for sure the IBR module. Make sure the wires at the IBR connection don't have the green crusties.

Thanks Skiasylum. I'll check those this morning. Based on the code description, anything to look for with the cps and cts connections other than making sure they are connected?

Update. I replaced the ibr fuses, cleaned the connection at the ecm and cps and no change. It flashes limp home mode once right as I start it but then runs with just the icon and code and no IBR functionality. Does anyone recommend a mechanic in the Houston/Livingston Texas area? Unless anyone has any other ideas I'm not sure there's anything else I can do.

I'm not sure but I'm guessing I didn't. I sent my ecu and gauge to a company because I thought my gauge was bad. They sent the gauge back with a new ecu and the ski ran, but only at half speed and with the code. He did clear the code remotely but said it was the ibr when the code came back.
Long story long, can I remarry everything without a diagnostic tool?

No, you have to have diagnostic software and you have to have the ecu, cluster, AND ibr married so they can all communicate with each other. If you only have the cluster and ECU married it will run but the ibr won't work correctly and throw codes which sounds like exactly what you have. I also am suspect of the person you had do this as this is common knowledge of any half decent tech.

I doubt that your old ECU was even bad in the first place. If you replaced your Cluster without flashing and remarrying then it will either not run at all or it won't run right and do weird things. At this point, I suggest going to the dealer and have them flash your cluster for your year/model. Then marry everything together. Then update the system. This should be less than 1 hour of labor (usually takes about 15 minutes but most dealers will charge for 1 hour).

Awesome info. Thanks for this. Considering this looks to be the premier forum for Sea Doo I'm guessing the tech who took my money is a member so I'll avoid using names, but if you're following this and ski-d00 is correct, screw you.

Back