2006 GTI 130 Std....Maybe Got lucky on my valves, now what about the timing chain?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

c good

Recently purchased a nice 2006 GTI 130 Std. Previous owner meticulous on maintenance. 101 hours. Haven't run it yet and was reading about the sodium filled exhaust valves breaking. I pulled the valve cover (easy, peezy) and looked at the numbers on the stems. My exhaust valves are the good ones starting with the number 75. It looks like my intake valves are the bad ones starting with 72. Engine built in March of 06.

So two question actually. Are the intake valves a problem because they are the 72's? I heard it was only the exhaust side that had problems with the 72's.

Also, I've heard about the timing chains just randomly breaking. Is this something that's very common? Should I replace the timing chain before running this thing?

Thanks for any input.

2006 had good timing chains, bad ones were later when BRP switched suppliers. Don't ever see 130s drop valves unless they are saltwater and not maintained. If it's a nice condition 2006 130, I would just enjoy it and they are typically very reliable.

Back