2007 4tec 155 timing chain broke.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

flabound11

Hi,

I have a 2007 4tec 155, the timing chain broke while cruising. When I removed the valve cover to find the chain had broken, I also notice one of the rocker arms also broke. I have a few questions. I have a 2002 155 with 30 hours on it, is there any way I can use that motor? The 2007 engine has 150 hours on it, what would you recommend I replace, if I decide to tear the motor down and repair the broken chain. I have torn down several mercruiser engines, this will be my first 4tec, and suggestions, or things to look out for?

Last edited:
You can use the 2002 engine but you will need to drill a vent hole behind the cb shaft in the pto housing. You will also have to use the 2002 pto housing.

You can use the 2002 engine but you will need to drill a vent hole behind the cb shaft in the pto housing. You will also have to use the 2002 pto housing.
Thank you. That's great news. So change over all the parts from the 2007 to the 2002 except the PTO housing? Is there a vent hole in the 2007 PTO housing to give me an idea on where to drill the hole in the 2002's PTO housing?

Back