2010 GTX 260 Limited question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phawryschuk

Hey everyone,

I'm going tomorrow to check out a 2010 GTX IS Limited with about 80 hours on it. With trailer I'm getting it for $8500.

The only thing that has me concerned is the amount of hours. It hasn't had a SC rebuild yet, so I'm curious, does that need to be done at exactly 100 hours? It doesn't sound like I'll be getting much use out of it before it needs the rebuild.

Also, and I know this is dependant on a lot of factors, how many hours is the lifespan of one of these machines?

Here's the link to the ad:
http://buffalo.craigslist.org/boa/4568580578.html

Thank you!!

80hrs is nothing, 20 to 25hrs a year is considered average. I put almost 60hrs on my 05 GTX last year.

Supercharger should be rebuilt every 100hrs or two years, if that machine has a good service history then I might be tempted to use it the rest of this season and get the rebuild done over the winter. You could use this as a bargaining tool to maybe get the price reduced.

O

80hrs is nothing, 20 to 25hrs a year is considered average. I put almost 60hrs on my 05 GTX last year.

Supercharger should be rebuilt every 100hrs or two years, if that machine has a good service history then I might be tempted to use it the rest of this season and get the rebuild done over the winter. You could use this as a bargaining tool to maybe get the price reduced.

Thanks so much for the info. It would be great to bring the price down a bit, but he's got some folks offering 8 already. As far as price goes, does $8500 sound reasonable with the trailer?

Thanks so much for the info. It would be great to bring the price down a bit, but he's got some folks offering 8 already. As far as price goes, does $8500 sound reasonable with the trailer?

Prices vary depending on time of year and location so it's hard to comment on that. I'm in Canada where prices are higher $8,500 would be a screaming deal, that machine would be around 11 to 12K at this time of year. There is an 09 RXT is 255 advertised locally for $11,350 no trailer.

Well, she's mine.

Dramatic twist: The owner was reading the temperature gauge not the hours, it was 71 degrees outside. She only has 38 hours on her!

I'm a little overwhelmed right now, there's still so much I don't know. He didn't have the manual so I'd imagine getting that is the first step. Took it out last night for an hour and it rides like a dream and holy hell is it fast.

I did notice the VTS button and iS buttons on the left handle don't work, they seem hard to push down so I have to change the trim through the menu. Has anyone else experience this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back