2009 Seadoo Speedster150 Help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cernansky08

Having some trouble with my 2009 Seadoo Speedster 150 155hp. Recently sucked up a tarp that was under water in the Ohio River into the impeller. I continued to drive about one mile, around 5 miles per hour (because thats all the faster the boat would go) before it finally shut down and would not start. A local man who repaired my boat said that I needed to replace my starter solenoid and he also said I needed a new oil filter. I took the boat out again to see if he fixed the problem and it ran great. The only thing I noticed was that maybe the RPMs seemed a little high (5800 at 25mph) and they seemed to jump from 5400 to 5800. Next day, I take it out again, shut it down so a friend could ski, and I could not get it started again. After a couple attempts of trying to start, I noticed smoke coming from the engine compartment. When I looked inside, I noticed that a red wire coming from under the engine was red hot and the rubber coating was melting off of it.

Backround Info: Bought the boat with 12 Hrs on it. Now has 35 hrs. I have always had trouble getting it started, and would have to try multiple times for the engine to finally turn over. Even with new starter solenoid it still took a few attempts to start. Boat is practically brand new and I have had nothing but bad luck with it, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Though I'm not in the know of what your issue is, it would be helpful if you traced the wire and told us where it is coming and going to,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back