1998 GSX 951 Spontaneous Start!??

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Jlutty3

Hi folks!

I had this PWC running fine a week ago.

This past weekend, It was sitting aboard the PWC dock. I connected the lanyard to it and was generally putzing around the dock when suddenly, it started on its own. It ran about ten to fifteen seconds on its own before I could get back to it and disconnect the lanyard.

After I shoved it into the water, it would not start. It seemed flooded. I then tried to rest it and start it at full throttle. It fired up- off I went. After a three minute test ride, I drive it back in and onto the float. The start/ stop button would not shut it off. Again I killed it with the lanyard removal.

Five minutes later, It would not even try to turn over. Two beeps when you connect the lanyard, no turn over.

To sum up- started on its own, wouldnt shut off, then wouldnt start at all.

I've ordered a new start/ stop button.

Could it be anything else?

I think this is a start-stop button considering that it wouldn't turn off the connection might be broken or its just the switch. Maybe the starter relay? Not sure.

I think this is a start-stop button considering that it wouldn't turn off the connection might be broken or its just the switch. Maybe the starter relay? Not sure.
Thanks! I'm waiting for that to show up. When I get back where it is (50 min drive) I will also test the start solenoid.

Back