Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Dredust

Hello Seadoo community. I've been struggling with my 1994 GTS. I replaced my starter solenoid and stop button, and now I am having the following issue:
-only way to start is to have lanyard in, press green start button, and then the "stop" button. Then I release the starter once it starts. But, as soon as I release the "stop" button, the engine dies. I realize that the stop button should only be needed to cut the motor. I must have something crossed? The strange thing is that I purchased a "used" compleate electrical box, and it is doing the same thing using those parts. I also installed my old parts and it is doing the same thing. I've used multiple stop buttons too. Can anyone give me some advice, or a starting point? I have attached photos to my wire connections. And I attached a youtube video to show what the seadoo is doing. Thak you!

Attachments

• IMG_2220.jpeg
    IMG_2220.jpeg
    328.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2221.jpeg
    IMG_2221.jpeg
    350.2 KB · Views: 4
You need to reply to the last the last comment on your previous post. Put an ohmmeter across the the 2 connections on your stop button. If it reads a short circuit when you press the stop button and an open circuit when you release the button then that is your problem. It is not the correct switch for your ski.

You need to reply to the last the last comment on your previous post. Put an ohmmeter across the the 2 connections on your stop button. If it reads a short circuit when you press the stop button and an open circuit when you release the button then that is your problem. It is not the correct switch for your ski.
Thank you. I'll check that now.

You are correct. The switch is wrong. I grounded the switch and the ski ran perfect. I had to pull the lanyard to turn it off. I purchased the switch used on eBay, and the seller said it was off a '94 GTS. I guess it did not. Seems all switches out there are "start/stop". I need to find the correct one.

Back