2009 RXT IS - supercharger and taking on water

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

garyD

Hi;

Am looking for some advice on a couple issues. Bought an 09 rxt is about 5 weeks ago with 49 hours. Now has 57 hours. I wish I had read this forum before buying the machine but it was the best deal around.

It ran fine until last weekend. Top speed is about 35 and you can feel the supercharger cut in for a second. I am thinking the clutch so a rebuild. Same time last weekend it started taking on a lot of water when using it. Don't see how the two are connected but timing is everything.

So am taking it to a dealer but am wondering what I should look for especially in regards to the taking on water. I imagine S/C rebuilds are pretty common so am not too concerned about that.

I am in Canada and am wondering the $ damage for this. I worry too that they will say its fixed and then when I put it in the water it still fills up. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

sc doesn't cut in for a second. either works or it doesn't. a couple possible issues...

1. could be a fouled spark plug which will cut in for a second but doesn't explain water leak.

2. could be a pump problem like something stuck in it which is causing cavitation that cuts in for a second and over revs and will cause the water leak.

sc doesn't cut in for a second. either works or it doesn't. a couple possible issues...

1. could be a fouled spark plug which will cut in for a second but doesn't explain water leak.

2. could be a pump problem like something stuck in it which is causing cavitation that cuts in for a second and over revs and will cause the water leak.

Thanks so much for your prompt response. It started off with a lag and then lots of power then no power and the odd increase in speed then back down.

Thanks again!

hello.first that's a good ski you got there.yes there were some problems with the 09 models but there a fine machine I kniw cos I had one since new and have had all sorts of trouble with it but hey who don't have trouble with ski,s.at 49 hours its not your super charger I can tell you that,more like a hose has come loose,i know you cant see much in there till you lift the deck up but it only takes 10 mins at the most to lift the top deck if you know how.you really need to lift the deck and tack off the inner cover to see in there you cant see owt till its off.as for the water coming in same thing again you need the cover off.water could come in from drive line seal or slack hose pipe or at the back of the ski where the pump is at each side there is a plastic plate on lets side its the ibr motor if its had a new motor fitted which most of them have it could be the seal round the fitting plate as mine went there.seal is only £7.but you have a little bit of work to fit it.same again its easy when you have done it.if your a little bit mechanical minded its a peace of piss.brillant ski tho don't let little gremmlings put you off the ski.i would buy another tomorrow,cheers pug pug.

I thought I should at least post the results of the issue. I did take it to a dealer and the poor running was as ski d00 said a fouled plug. Apparently the water coming in the hull was due to the bail lines lying on the bottom of the hull and not looped upwards.

Took it for a run after and all seems well. Thanks for the good advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back