2003 2-stroke Sea-doo water flodded engine compartment??

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

EUSA_14

Today before launching our Jetski we forgot to plug the holes at the rear of the craft that lead into the engine. After about 20 minutes it died in the middle of riding, and when we got back the engine compartment was flodded. Now after we emptied about 90% of the water the engine still won't even turn over. Any advice?? I'm fearing the worst (busted engine).

Didn't you notice it getting sluggish and riding deep? May have been hard to tell.
Pull the spark plugs and try to turn her over. If it does, watch for water and look at the plugs. Put the plug wires on the grounding posts by the battery. If it is wet, turn it over enough to clear most of the water. Then put the plugs back in and try it again. If if fires up put it back in the water and ride the snot out of it to dry it out. when you take it home, pull the plugs again and fog it with a good fogging spray or WD40. you don't want any rust to form.

Thanks, the thing is when It does not turn over at all, and when I press the ignition nothing comes out of the spark plug holes. The only thing that happeneds is a loud clunk noise.

That's bad...the clunk is definitely from the engine? Can you try turning it by hand from the pto behind the motor? It has a plastic cover over it.If not, sounds like a busted piston. I don't think the water caused this, but I'm not sure. Look into impeller just to be sure you did't eat a stick or something.

Yes the noise is coming from the engine. At this point I'm just going to bring it in Monday to the workshop and spray WD-40 in the spark plug hole. Thanks for the advice bellman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back