1999 XPL long beep?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skulla

I've recently replaced my motor in my 1999 XPL. I put it in the water too begin break in and when I attach my lanyard I hear my two "ok" beeps then I start it. After running for a minute or so I hear a long beep, then about a minute pause then another long beep. It will continue giving me a long beep every minute or so.*

Also if I plug in my lanyard and wait for my 2 "ok" beeps and don't start the Seadoo in about a minute I'll hear the same long beep but only once and then after about another minute or 2 I hear my "I think" trim go down to resting position and it won't beep anymore. Almost as it goes into sleep mode because I hadn't started it.*

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this? Thank you.

I think that is a low battery signal, charge and retry the key and wait. If it still does it, I may be wrong or the battery needs replacing.

There is a thread on here about replacing a bad beeper and it has a short list of the beep meanings. I'm on the phone so it's harder to look up.

I think that is a low battery signal, charge and retry the key and wait. If it still does it, I may be wrong or the battery needs replacing.

There is a thread on here about replacing a bad beeper and it has a short list of the beep meanings. I'm on the phone so it's harder to look up.

Hey thanks man but I actually put a new battery in it with the rebuild. Lots of power. Could you link me too the page with beep meanings? I'll try the search but on computers I might as well have feet for hands lol. Thanks again any other suggestions are welcome.

Thanks a lot man, I read his post. I did read all about that in the manual. The one long beep every minute or so can mean a few different things making it complicated. Do Seadoos show computer codes like vehicles? That would be helpful.

At some point Seadoo started using maintenance codes but I'm not sure on exactly what models. I'm pretty sure they did on all the DI and maybe the RFI models and all 4 strokes but I don't know if anything else before 2000 used them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back