1998 sportster 1800 PLEASE HELP

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

yoja

Hi, i'm new here, sorry i have a poor english but i'm learning, i just buy a 1998 seadoo sportster 1800, yesterday we test the boat on water ( the guy that sold me the boat, me and 3 more peoples, 5 in total ) anytime the boat was good, he got like 45 mph with no problem, got a good speed fast, we were on water for 25 min. and everything ok, i towed the boat to home yesterday at night, and today we went back to water (me, my wife and 3 friends, 5 in total again) the thing is that the boat was diferent, no power and going at 15, 20 mph and can't gain speed, i accelerated and the rpm go up like crazy and the engines were vibrating so much and i had to put the throttle in idle position, accelerated again litle by litle and don't go over 15 mph and the rpm were on 5k, checked on intake water and was weedless, i left 2 peoples and the boat was good again with 3, hit 45-50 mph, also, i can't tow my friend, only me on the boat and he on water behind the boat, PLEASE HELP, what can i do to fix that? anyone know what is this problem? is this normal? one more time sorry for my english, Thanks.

You need to check the wear rings in the jet pumps.. Sounds like you are not getting enough thrust.. There should be about a 1mm clearence between the ring and the iimpeller.. You can see up into the pump through the intake grate.. Look for marks or large digs in them..

I would look inside the jet pump assy to see if any sticks or debris is in the impeller. That could cause the same vibration and act like the wear ring is bad.

Karl

Thanks everybody, today when i look inside the jet pump i saw a lot of weeds, sticks, around the impellers in both engines, i think that was my problem, i gonna test the boat next week and i gonna post the test results, THANKS.:)

Well the boat is fine again, i clean the impellers and i got good speed with 5 peoples, all day long was perfect, thanks again to Karl and roneagan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back