1996 Seadoo XP

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoyRider19

Okay I rolled my 1996 Seadoo XP off my trailer heading down to the lake and everything seems okay and back together. the whole oil unit came out in the wreck and it went everywhere in all of the hull. also the gauges were all in pieces and the front electric box came out with it. I put everything back where it needs to go but when i plug in the key absolutely nothing happens...
Now i know the buzzer didn't work and now nothing can indicate when the key is plugged in or if its even working...
It makes absolutely no noise and I can really use yalls help on determining whats wrong. Thanks! Im freaking out :willy_nilly: lol

Yikes. Well, start by cleaning all the oil out of it.

Then it's a process of elimination. Make sure the battery is still ok, and go from there.

After a collision like that, you need to check connections, grounds, battery voltage, fuses ect ect.

Jump the solenoid and see if it at least turns over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Yes Sir, everything is clean. and battery as 12.35 voltage. Its fine. the thing that worries me is when it happened it pulled a black wire out of a orange 6 pronged thing that goes from the magneto thing in the motor out of it. so it can attach to the orange entry witch runs to the front electrical box... I think. haha I am19 and in wayyy over my head

Oil in plugs can be an issue.

Since you know where the wire was pulled from, you will just have to bite the bullet and tear into the ski enough to get to the connector.

Other option that you MAY be able to do is, use wire schematic and see where it runs to and bypass the plug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

When you re-installed the oil tank, did you bleed the oil line, supply line and injector lines and pump? If not it's probably a good thing you can't start the ski.

Lou

Can you post a picture of the ski after the accident? I'm curious to see how a wreck that through electronics out, busted the oil tank and shattered gauges is still sea worthy.

Me getting the gauges, or the seadoo rolling off the trailer?

Guess both, but more how he managed to roll the jetski off the trailer. In my mind i'm thinking rolling off by going left or right off the side. Although going off the back could be done if not hooked up, so that feat isn't as impressive.

Okay when I touched the solenoid to metal it cranks over. so in my head that narrows it down to:
1. The Key
2. The Post
3. the Start/Stop button?

Okay when I touched the solenoid to metal it cranks over. so in my head that narrows it down to:
1. The Key
2. The Post
3. the Start/Stop button?

See if you get 12 volts at the start wire on the solenoid when pressing the start button. If yes, bad solenoid. If not, back to where you were a few posts ago.

If not, check for voltage comning into the start/stop switch. If no volts then again back to where you were.

Test start/stop switch for continuity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back