1995 speedster need some expert advice

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

HMH

I have recently bought a 95 speedster lots of fun love it. I have 2 questions.

1) I made an adapter so I can put antifreeze in the flushing coupler under pressure. Will this winterize the entire cooling system?

2) One engine will not get over and 3k bogs out. If I pull and release the choke quickly it will take off and run, or if I can get it plained out it will do fine until I get back under 3.5k then the same issue. I was figuring a winter carb rebuild.

Thanks for the help.

get the shop manual. it goes over the winterization process. to fill the lines with anti-freeze there are a number of sections of tubing you need to clamp off. if you just drive anti freeze in as is you will likely end up with some in you cylinders.

I don't know much about rebuilding carbs so I will leave that for some one else to answer but it does sound like your carbs could use a rebuild

I have downloaded the manual. I would run it before I stared the antifreeze flow (same as if running off of a hose). I don't know if it would get every where it needed to be or just in the heads. The water flow chart on the manual kind of sucks. Thanks

You are running lean on the bogging engine. It probably won't run long like that before killing your engine. I would pull the carbs and rebuild with genuine mikuni kits along with new needles and seats.

When I had my boat I would use an external pump with a bucket of antifreeze. Start the engine then start external pump and run it as you would on the hose capturing the antifreeze in another bucket to reuse on the other engine. Worked great.

Ok thanks. I was wondering if you pressurize and put antifreeze in the engine flush port, clamp off the engine water hose outlet. If it will flush the entire cooling system. Including tuned pipe?

last time I did it. I just used a funnel and let gravity move everything through. this gets everywhere including the pipe. the first time it did it I found out that one of the lines was plugged so it took some time to get it cleared out. but its a good time to make sure every thing is clear since you can really see the green coming out the clear parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back