1995 Seadoo Bombardier XP - more than 1 rider "boggs down" feels stuck at 4 RPM?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

katierage

Having a problem with my 1995 Seadoo Bombardier XP. (well, actually, a lot of problems but this seems most important) Alright, the engine sounds fine but when more than one rider gets on (or 1 heavy rider gets on) there is a certain point at acceleration, seems to be around 4 or 5 RPM, where the front pops out of the water and the engine "revs" as if it is having a hard time making it over that "turning point." Once you get over that point in acceleration, it seems to run fine (beside the other problem I'm having, making choppy jumps as if it is going over waves but there are no waves present) but that's another story. Now, it can only make it over the turning point if there is 1 rider. If there is more than 1 rider it will not make it over and it will be stuck at that 4 or 5 RPM area going pretty slow, and with the nose out of the water. I don't think it is the engine because the harder I pull the throttle the louder the engine gets and the more I smell gas, as if it is working properly but something else is not. Any help is appreciated, this thing makes me crazy sometimes! :willy_nilly:

Thank you!

Brought it into a mechanic friend today...said there was a crack in the engine and water was spraying our of the spark plug holes... this baby is done with... :toetap05: :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back