08 230 wake

This poll is deleted

• yes

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Phongracing I will get some pics soon. I'm out of town today and should be able to get some tommorrow. The new glove box lid is made of plastic on like the 08's that are fiberglass. and the new arm that holds it up mounts next to the radio. and is a straight arm that ups out and locks then you pull a little more and it un locks to close.:cheers:

Sorry its taken so lonng I had to go out of town and with 6yr all star baseball hadn't had anytime.

Attachments

• IMG_2616.JPG
    IMG_2616.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_2615.JPG
    IMG_2615.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_2619.JPG
    IMG_2619.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 42
Thanks for posting the pics. Your lid and arm looks so much better than the one i have with the spring. I wonder if BRP wil sell me an 09 glove box lid.
thanks again also check out pics. of my boat in my album.

You guys thought I was going let this post die didn't ya?:)
Well had a early ball game Saturday so me my daughter her girl friend and a family friend went out about 1:30pm We wakeboarded and cruised around for a couple hours and then another friend one that could drive so I could wakeboard, then he had to leave around 6pm so then the wife and her friend came out with a couple of her kids and they all wakeboarded for a while we ended up getting off the lake around 8:30 right at dusk. We had a blast and only used about 1/2 tank of gas.

PS I have yet to be able to spin the boat. Maybe its to big?
:hurray::hurray::hurray:

I can tell ya this don't put 2 200 lbs and 2 180 lbs guys in the front and try it. or if you do than when you slow done make them move to the back as when you stop the front will let a "little" :ack: water in.
Had fun trying though.:cheers:

Oh but wanted to add that when we got out and the Kids (teenager) turn the ipod on water started pouring out of the tower speakers???????? And check both of then are doing it and they sound distored when the base is up???

Wow had I great time on the lake I forgot about that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I just read about this.... wow. You went through a whole lot more than I would have. I think the BRP offer is a pretty good offer. They're basically paying you for the time you couldnt use the boat while you were paying for it. Thats pretty good.

Water coming out of the speakers? That sounds a bit unusual...do you cover your speakers when you store your boat?

Personally, I went down to a thrift store, bought a cheap $10 barbeque cover and cut/sewed it to loosely cover my speakers just for the sake of keeping water out of the front entrance.

Oh yeah and make sure when you wash the boat you don't directly shoot water into the speakers, they're waterproof to a certain degree...

no don't cover them but it sits under a car port and nevr been out in the rain. And no never spray then with the hose. Waterproof???

Yea guys quick up date. Ihave not had much time to get the boat out. Son played 6yr All Star baseball and we finished 3rd in the Dizzy Dean World series. Plus still haven't got the replacement tires and Sea Doo say the the speakers wires are pinched or something and I need to take it to the dealer? Yea right pinched wire is why water is pouring out of them.

I finally sold my '96 challenger 14.5 on Tuesday... i think my next boat may well be a bayliner capri with an outboard... there is too much specialized stuff on jet boats, and the list of issues yours has is immense!

Thread never dies

Hey Guys, Sorry I have had a interresting summer. Sons All Star Baseball (6yr's place 3rd in Dizzy Dean World Series) And then my lost her Job in April and I lost mine in July. (Wow) And we are still both unemployed but hanging in there. So anybody know of anything in Atlanta I"m listen (Security Project manager)
Anyway about the boat, Last post I stated that I had Water coming out of the Infinity Tower speaker so it was taken to a dealer (Jet Trust) and while ther I help the tech take the backs of the speaker and water poured out. so we took them off and they contacted BRP and Nacy Larson had them replace.

Its a design issue, they are designed to turn so the water is coming in though the center point (you see that by the rust that had started) Now the boat sits under a car port so thous that sit outside I would check on this.

Thanks for all that have listen and help me. :cheers:

Well here we go again. Haven't been on here very much nor in the boat been busy summers plus got a bike and been doing slot of riding. So we have only take the boat out twice this season and the first one went great. Second not some much. The driver side engine idled fine but above 4k just would nit maintain a steady rpm? Try to adjust it but did do anything. Check plugs nice lite gray.
So took it to the dealer (jet thrust in Lawrenceville ga) they called and said the replaced the spark plugs and it sounded fine now and if I wanted to pay to have the water test it they would, which I thought was sweet of them. I wasn't paying them for it so, the other issue was the brakes where not disengaging so they had to order pads. Told them to call me when the pads where done and I'd come get it. Pissed
That was last week, call me today to tell me (don't know why the check more into it) that they call BRP and got the ok to replace the washers in the supercharger in the PASSENGER side motor?? Ok and that the ones in the driver side one (remember they changed the plugs in this one) The washers were copmletely gone???????? Wow and that since that has happen the they are going to have to take and pull the motor and replace the oil pump etc, and that if they didn't find the the washe they would assume the had disengaged????? what should I know if they just replace the oil pump and supercharger??????
Good thing that I has the BRP warranty.

WOW Tony it must have taken me an hour to read this thread.
It started in August of 2008 and the boat has issues today Sep't 19, 2011.
keep us posted about this new problem.

Well here we go again. Haven't been on here very much nor in the boat been busy summers plus got a bike and been doing slot of riding. So we have only take the boat out twice this season and the first one went great. Second not some much. The driver side engine idled fine but above 4k just would nit maintain a steady rpm? Try to adjust it but did do anything. Check plugs nice lite gray.
So took it to the dealer (jet thrust in Lawrenceville ga) they called and said the replaced the spark plugs and it sounded fine now and if I wanted to pay to have the water test it they would, which I thought was sweet of them. I wasn't paying them for it so, the other issue was the brakes where not disengaging so they had to order pads. Told them to call me when the pads where done and I'd come get it. Pissed
That was last week, call me today to tell me (don't know why the check more into it) that they call BRP and got the ok to replace the washers in the supercharger in the PASSENGER side motor?? Ok and that the ones in the driver side one (remember they changed the plugs in this one) The washers were copmletely gone???????? Wow and that since that has happen the they are going to have to take and pull the motor and replace the oil pump etc, and that if they didn't find the the washe they would assume the had disengaged????? what should I know if they just replace the oil pump and supercharger??????
Good thing that I has the BRP warranty.

I hope you've been kicking the motor over periodically throughout the year and not just the two times mentioned above and also completing the required servicing e.g. minimum annual oil and spark plug changes etc.

I was about to buy this exact same boat which had only 5 hours on it and a Warranty that lasted through April of 2015, but after an hour of reading I think I will now pass. Thanks for posting your experience. I've owned a 1997 seadoo speedster for 10years and absolutely love the boat. I think I will need to keep looking, do I dare say Yamaha on this forum? Yikes I just said it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dgbehrends if you look there are not any others with this boat that have had these problems with the boat. I think mine was build on a Friday b4 a holiday weekend and everybody was wanting to go home.

Well funny you mention that, because this boat has received the factory supercharger replacement on the starboard engine, including the titanium washers per BRP's service bulletin. Sounds like the exact same problem you ran into with yours. Who knows when this problem will show up on the port engine. I love my speedster and it has been pretty much problem free for the last 8 years I've owned it, however the comments from the two dealers in my area lead me to believe that BRP is difficult to work with.

I don't know about the service bulletin but I would think they would just do both? And as far as BRP is to work with yes and no, I haven't seen a dealer yet that know how to treat a customer yet, wheather your buying a $50,000 boat or a $10,000 jet ski. No customer service
But that anywhere these days.

I asked the seller about that and he said the port engine checked out fine so they didn't do the work, but I have to believe that it's going to need the service sooner or later and that is gonna keep the boat out of the water for quite a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back