05' challenger 180 4tec impeller and wear ring relacement

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jccalder

Hi everyone. i bought an 05' challenger 180 4tec boat this past february from a guy on facebook. needless to say, the wear ring and impeller were " not in bad shape" but still need to be replaced. i took the boat out on my 1st ever lake ride. ive never owned a boat before. but this little boat really caught my eye. anyways,,, i took the boat to the lake as soon as it got warm enough. 1st thing i noticed were the rpm's were really high. i was going 15mph an the rpm's were at 6000
i immediately knew something wasnt right here. so i ended my little joy ride early, didnt want to blow up the engine. i did some research and everything has been leading me to the OLD cavitation problems. even the mechanic at the seadoo place told me thatmy problems were due to cavitation. i did enough research and i am mechanically inclined, that i feel good about changing the impeller myself and not Busting Out Another Thousand "BOAT" i have already save in the purhase of all the parts neccessary to replace the impeller, wear ring, impeller removal tool and pump rebuild kit. i plan on starting this weekend. i will post pics and maybe some videos.
any seasoned advised will be greatly appreciated.

Navigate to the HOW TO section. There are a few very detailed posts on how to do the repair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back