Xp limited body question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

eladder

Trying to remove top half of body Took out rivets and black trim strip but still acts like the two halves are glued or stuck badly. I'm looking for ideas or help how to do this without cracking the body I have never done this before. THANKS Gary

Confused...?

Trying to remove top half of body Took out rivets and black trim strip but still acts like the two halves are glued or stuck badly. I'm looking for ideas or help how to do this without cracking the body I have never done this before. THANKS Gary

You don't have a year model listed for this XP limited and in your avatar, you don't have an XP listed at all.

You state the XP limited so I'm going on the pretense that the XP limited, with the 951cc motor came out in 1998; so I'll assume that is your year model.

If your trying to split the hull into the factory body halves, and you are sure you have all the rivets out, then you might try a piece of piano wire and pull through between the two pieces. I'm sure these aren't just assembled with the rivets. You would think there is some kind of water tight sealant like Silicone in between these two pieces. If this is the case, the piano wire would do the trick in seperating them.

You'd have to decide in an area to start that, I would say, looks the most accessible. Then, using a flat blade, like a hacksaw, see if you can push the piano wire through or at least push the blade through to create an entry way for the wire. If you've never use piano wire before (it's used often to cut the seal in the front windshield of cars/trucks), it' a pretty easy way to cut in between a sealant type product. Once you have it through, in between the pieces, you just pull it back and forth like a saw while pulling it toward you as your working the wire.

You should be able to get the piano wire at your local auto supply store or you might find it at your local Lowe's store.......:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back