Bent throttle blade? 2000 XP 951

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

2000xp951

I have a 2000 Sea-Doo XP 951 I bought 2 months ago supposedly it ran when last used a summer ago just needed a battery so I paid 1200 for it and said what the hell. Never owned a jet ski before but a friend of mine in high school had a 2001 xp brand new and I loved it so I wanted one. I got the ski home and messed with the throttle and it seemed like the throttle cable was broke didn't tear into it so I ordered a new one from sbt. This last Sunday I put the new throttle cable in and dropped a battery in to see if I could get it to start, it started but acted like the throttle was stuck wide open or at least half throttle and I looked at the carb it was not returning to idle so I used a screw driver to put in back to idle and it still wouldn't. So I took the carbs off and noticed the carb towards the front of the ski had a bent throttle blade and throttle shaft what could of possibly cause this to happen something else I need to be looking for? Any help much appreciated thanks

Attachments

• PXL_20230405_194431989.jpg
    PXL_20230405_194431989.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 23
Not sure what could have caused the blade to bend like that other than someone putting something down there intentionally....

Also before anyone else says anything, may want to replace those gray fuel lines....

That is crazy.
Either some idiot tried really hard or maybe a thrown rod and broken crankcase?

It started up and ran fine other then it didn't want to idle it was like at half throttle or more, so I pulled out the choke to idle it down and listen to how it ran other then it running rich when doing that motor sounded decent. I'm replacing all the fuel lines with clear fuel lines also I ordered a carb body and carb kits hopefully it's good to go after I get the carbs back on. Also going to check the rave valves to make sure there not sticking.

I have had them bend from a backfire.951 bendex like to create a lot of shavings and had a peice stick to pick up coil hit the start button and boom.and now that I think of it had it happen a few times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back