Which impeller and wear rng do I need?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

AnviL Man

Which impeller and wear ring do I need?

2003 Speedster 240 EFI (which I now believe is considered the Speedster 160 not the 150)
I want to replace the impeller and wear ring but I am having a hard time finding what I need. I am googling and ebay but I cannot find something that literally says it'll fit my specific boat. I am unaware if other models have the same impeller as mine as I am seeing plenty of stuff for the challenger, sportster and so on, just nothing on mine. If possible please send me a link right to what I need specifically. My impeller is pretty chewed up and the ring is showing some wear so I want to change them both. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like you have the 240 Merc. They have a cast aluminum "wear ring" that does not have replaceable sleeve. About $500 new if you can find one. So far, I have 3 years on my fiberglass/epoxy repair. $12.
Lots of links here about mods & custom repair inserts

Impeller- usually some aggressive work with a dremel tool can bring it back to serviceable.

I went to one of the mercury parts sites and looked at the diagrams so these numbers may not be right
877326T
856814A 2

Pricy I have read posts of people using a product to fill the wear ring. I think it was weldbond not sure if that's right? Anyway there are other options then replacement

Jb weld not weldbond

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back