Wear ring

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Jon4mitch

Hello, I have a 2003 seadoo speedster with a mercury 240 efi, is the wear ring replaceable? Meaning, is there a plastic sleeve in it. When I look at it, it seems to be just plain corroded aluminum. Do I have to buy the whole housing?

Hello, I have a 2003 seadoo speedster with a mercury 240 efi, is the wear ring replaceable? Meaning, is there a plastic sleeve in it. When I look at it, it seems to be just plain corroded aluminum. Do I have to buy the whole housing?

The Mercury wear ring is the painted casting. There is no insert.

However-
Check impros.com. They can make and install a stainless steel sleeve in the wear ring. They would need the impeller and wear ring to make matched parts.

Several members here have repaired the wear ring with epoxy or jbweld. My repair with epoxy and fiberglass lasted about 4 years.

Do you know how many water intake ports there are on the pump. I am having an overheating issue and not sure how many they are, I have read that there are five but I only see one

Do you know how many water intake ports there are on the pump. I am having an overheating issue and not sure how many they are, I have read that there are five but I only see one

There is a circle of 5 holes, each about 1/4” dia.

Thank you very much for the quick response. I’ll have to tale the pump apart and take a look to make sure none of the other inlets are blocked Do you recommend using thermostats?

Back