2003 speedster impeller

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Jon4mitch

Hello, I have a 2003 seadoo speedster mercury 240 v6 EFI. I’m looking to purchase an impeller and can’t seem to find information on what size etc and where to buy. Any information will help. Thank you

Hello, I have a 2003 seadoo speedster mercury 240 v6 EFI. I’m looking to purchase an impeller and can’t seem to find information on what size etc and where to buy. Any information will help. Thank you

Choice of 2---
Mercury OEM or Solas brand. Same diameter and pitch numbers as Mercury. Cast blades are a little thinner on Solas. A little less cavitation.

Thank you. Last question regarding tools to remove impeller? What’s so “special” about the socket to remove the impeller that costs $138.00???

It's a 5-1/2" long socket... not your normal deep socket.
From previous post:
You can purchase a 1-13/16 inch standard socket and piece of 1-1/2 inch black iron pipe. cut the socket in half and braze the two socket pieces to the pipe and then you can remove your impellor. I had the local machine shop do it. The total was about $60.00. I removed the grate and used a small pipe wrench to hold the shaft.

It's a 5-1/2" long socket... not your normal deep socket.
From previous post:

No need for a pipe wrench. There are 2 milled flats on the shaft for open end wrench.
Don’t damage the tail end of your shaft. You can make an oil leak.

Understood. Thank you. And is the nut normal thread direction or opposite? Righty tighty, lefty loosey???
Correct.
That nut is tight. 150 ft# plus corrosion. Do not remove the wear ring until that nut is removed. Do not strike the shaft.

Back