What carburator do i order!?!?!?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

VOODOOKING

I have a 1998 Seadoo Speedster with twin rotax motors. I have no clue what motor size they are, or what carbs to get. There are dual carbs on both motors. I need to replace the passanger side carbs. Are these 787, 717, 720...? Help me please lol. I need to know the correct carb size for mag and pto sides. Does anyone make the dual carb set up or do i have to buy them individually?

Hope you took the advice giving to you in the last post you created. Otherwise, buying new carbs might be an expensive learning lesson for you.

Im not very mechanically inclined with this stuff WhiskeyD. I had both carbs cleaned, and one motor runs great. I am having a difficult time finding the right stuff for this boat. Ill try purchasing a rebuild kit for the dual carbs. Where is the best place to get that?

Nick on the forums here or Osd marine should have everything you need. Definitely do a compression test first tho just to make sure you are not throwing money at a tired engine.

I dont have the tools or know how to do a compression test... The motor ran great before it sat for a year.
Money isnt a problem either. I have already looked into replacing the motor too. Just trying to go the cheapest way first. Just need to get it running for the trade. Also dont want it to break down on the guy first time out.. As is on a brand new (less than 50 miles) trailer with everything galvanized its worth the trade. I just want it running for him. Hes an older guy and its for his young grandkids...

I need someone to link the rebuild kit, and the carb place. Otherwise im lost. I need to know part numbers ect... Thanks for your help WhiskeyD and XP 787!

You can rent a compression tester at Autozone and when you return it they refund your money. Message [MENTION=41828]Minnetonka4me[/MENTION] for carb kits.

I had a very good experience with OSD. They shipped the right carburetor and when I had it installed (yep, me too I am not very good at mechanics), my ski was working dead on!

And don't trust just any people to rebuild it for you because the one who did my old one screwed up using a wrong/jobber kit. This is why I got tired and bought a new one from OSD in the end.

Benji.

Thanks Benji. Yeah ive had some bad experiences with mechanics in the past too. Ill contact OSD and see what they say. Thabks everyone for the advice!!

I have a set of carbs off a 98 speedster I just need to find them.
$165 shipped in the 48. Give me
A day or two to find them.

If you did buy new carbs you'd need to remove the fuel pump, later jet boats run divorced fuel pumps. The fuel nipples are also configured differently from ski carbs. So the ones available will work but they're not a direct replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back