Used IBR actuator information. Will it work?? Help!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spark 2.0

My question is,

Can I put any ibr actuator in my ski from any ski with IBR and the cooling bolt on piece? I know that there is a kit and the bucket that bolts to it has been updated, if I have all these parts will a used IBR that is functioning work in my ski? There are so many part numbers on these things and updates that I am not knowledgeable enough to know. All have the same connectors and same bolt pattern. Will they work in mine? Looking at replacing it with used part number 278 002 846 from a parted out 2011 RXT X 260.

I have a used 2009 RXT 255 IS I bought this year. Starting getting reverse gate jammed in the down position. I took it apart and found the linkage inside jammed down, like the limit didn't kick out. Unjammed, cleaned all connectors, tested motor, worked like a champ, checked all the linkages which are free, and tried over again with same result and fault. I do not know the codes.

I am 95% sure its the IBR actuator pooched and I do not want to spend $1500 just to get this thing running again. This thing has been a money pit and a time waster for the amount of work it required to drive 2.5 hours on it for the entire season…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back