Tuned Pipe Sealing Ring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mgiffune

I had to remove my exhaust system to replace the manifold (95 Sea Doo XP, 717 engine). I tried to order the sealing ring that goes between the tuned pipe and the pipe cone (item 38 in picture), and apparently it's been discontinued.

Any suggestions on what can be used in it's place? Certainly removing the tuned pipe isn't rare.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Last edited by a moderator:
If you can't get one from a seadoo dealer, bring it to Auto Zone to match it up in size.

Karl

Just use the old copper ring, it's re-usable. Make sure you coat it with high temp copper silicone. I always anneal them also.

Chester

Thanks for the replies guys. The old ring seemed to pretty much be disintegrated, seemed more like 'goo' than a ring after I cracked the two pieces apart. I had to scrape off the remainder with an exacto blade. Hence - nothing to match up, although I guess I could bring in the pipe.

Chester, where do I get a copper ring from? I see the 96 XP has a copper ring but is it the same size??

Thanks again!

Are you sure it's not stuck to the pipe? Have a closer look. Usually you have to slide an exacto blade under it all the way around to get it off. I've never seen them disintegrate. Post a picture. I could be wrong but I highly doubt that Autozone will have those. Try M&M Marine or Havasu Cycle for a used one.

Chester

I think you're right Chester..the ring is stuck to the pipe. I assumed it was like a gasket or a rubber seal. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back