2001 gs starting/runnning issues

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Well balls, I had ordered new carbon ring and o rings from there so I figured why not. Ah well, I'll have to take it in for winter soon anyways, maybe I'll pull the whole thing apart, bottom end too.

Just out of curiosity, what is it about these aftermarket carb parts that makes them so bad? Is it just the material used is cheaper?

Well balls, I had ordered new carbon ring and o rings from there so I figured why not. Ah well, I'll have to take it in for winter soon anyways, maybe I'll pull the whole thing apart, bottom end too.

Just out of curiosity, what is it about these aftermarket carb parts that makes them so bad? Is it just the material used is cheaper?
I’ve never used the aftermarket kits but have read many posts, maybe 20 or 30 in the last 2 years where they haven’t worked properly. Yes, your right from what I’ve read the materials aren’t just quite right and the measurements can be just a little off.

One of the gaskets did seem to be slightly too big.

I don't think I'm getting completely awful carb performance, I just went down to the dock and got it to fire up after a few chugs. rode for 5 mins then came back and let it idle around the dock.

The other issue I am continuing to have is battery recharge in the ski I think. when I let it go for a bit it will run for 10 mins and then die. Trying to start it back up I can hear the battery is losing voltage. Back on the dock it's reading 12.18.
It's a brand new agm, load tested and charged to full. I must have a short or some fault in the recharge system.

The ignition coil was exposed to some water when I took it out last year when the tune tube leak got worse. Could it be causing a heavy drain on the battery, pulling too much to fire the plugs.

I know it's a system that fire both plugs every stroke, so if I had a bad coil or rectifier or a fault in the magneto, it would drain fast I assume..

I'm not getting more than the battery's resting voltage when the ski is idling.

Ordered new carb bits.

Would the photo below be enough of a bad wire issue to cause a voltage drop when I key on the ski?

Voltage before I did anything this afternoon was 12.95.

Plunges in the key and it was dropping 0.01 v every 7-10 seconds. The battery would gain the voltage back after the key came off.

Attachments

• 20230914_181138.jpg
    20230914_181138.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 1
Small update:

All new fuel and oil.lines done, got a new filter for the main fuel line, and there is a good oring on it.

Bench tested oil injector, it worked well shooting oil into the little nozzles. New pistons arrived, need a new circlip tool so I'm waiting on that to arrive now haha.

Took the impeller oil out and got new oil for that as well. Nothing in there looks too bad.
No need for a for a circlip tool…just a super thin jeweller’s flat screw driver.

Back