Trailer plug broke help!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

MLars

A prong on my trailer harness broke off so I bought another 4 prong harness. The new harness has 4 wires and the old one (which has 4 prongs) has 5 wires. From my understanding, a 4 wire harness is as follows:
White - ground
Brown - brake lights
Green - right turn signal
Yellow- left turn signal
My old 5 wire harness has green, white, black, yellow, and tan. Could I splice 2 wires together from the 5 wire harness to for the 4 wire harness?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372727555.133776.jpg

I agree with Lou. See what works with the black not hooked up. If anything, its a ground. If something doesnt work correctly, splice it to the white and see what happens.

black won't be ground, i just did this myself like 4 weeks ago,
I think the two brake wires splice together, but if i'm wrong i apologize in advance.
just follow the wires if you can to find those two.

sometimes the black is 12v pos. and can be an accessory like trailer brakes - do you have trailer brakes ???

This is all I could find with 5-wires. Still no black listed. I found several posts that stated it was for the electric brake.

Right Turn / Green / Right turn of vehicle's wiring harness Trailer's right turn signal
Left Turn / Yellow / Left turn of vehicle's wiring harness Trailer's left turn signal
Ground / White / Vehicle ground point - metal, un-coated
Tail-Marker / Brown / Taillight of vehicle's wiring harness Trailer's taillights
Brake / Blue / Electric brake control, power for brakes Break away switch

Thanks for all the help guys. Tonight I spliced 2 wires together and attached it to the single wire from the car and everything works!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back