No beeps and no start 2010 Wake 155

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vee9999

Hello,

Hoping someone can help me out. I was winterizing one of our two 2010 Seadoo Wake 155s by attaching a drill pump to a gallon of RV antifreeze and running the drill pump while the Seadoo engine was running. The next day I removed the spark plugs to fog the engine one of the Seadoo but it would no longer beep and turn over. It turned over fine the day before.

From reading on here are my observations:

no beep when the lanyard is attached. Dash lights up but then goes blank a few seconds later
I can hear and feel the relay in the fuse box click when I attach the lanyard. I removed the relay from the good seadoo and tried it but no change in behavior.
With the lanyard out the dashboard does not light up when I hit the start key. (Same thing on good seadoo so maybe a model year specific feature?)
Hitting the start 5 times on either seadoo does nothing.

I tried these checks from a post on this forum:

Safety Lanyard Switch Verification;
If 2 short beeps are not heard when installing the safety lanyard, disconnect the switch wires.

Safety lanyard removed;
"connect the test probes to switch Black and Black/Yellow wires. It’s an open circuit, there should be no continuity." Tested OK

"Connect one test probe to the White/Gray wire and the other test probe to the switch terminal. Measure resistance, it should be “0” ohm. Tested OK

" Connect one test probe to the Black wire and the other test probe to the switch ring. Measure resistance, it must be close to “0” ohm." Tested OK

"Safety lanyard on the switch; connect the probes to switch Black and Black /Yellow wires. Measure resistance, it must be “0” ohm." Tested OK

I also took the battery off the unit that starts and tried it but still the same issue.

Checked all the fuses and they seem fine.

Attached is a video of what the dash displays when I attach the DESS key. The video shows me attaching the lanyard twice.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

John

Attachments

• Untitled video - Made with Clipchamp.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 12
Pull your battery out and recharge it completely, out of the machine ! Do not use a jump box to start the machine. It sounds like the battery is the issue. I suggest putting in a new battery that is fully charged and try that before anything else.

Pull your battery out and recharge it completely, out of the machine ! Do not use a jump box to start the machine. It sounds like the battery is the issue. I suggest putting in a new battery that is fully charged and try that before anything else.

Good advice even though the OP pulled the battery from his other ski and that also was a no go. Both batteries are probably the same age and both could be failing. You can’t just charge them you need to get them load tested at a battery or auto parts store and replace if necessary.

After your sure on the batteries the start circuits on these skis are pretty simple, get yourself the service manual and follow the troubleshooting techniques outlined in the manual. Battery, dess post, start button, and a relay are the most common failing components along with power and ground wiring and connections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back